Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bluder with Pumpkin Paste Filling

Bluder is a very soft cotton bread. I heard it is one of bread which is famous bread in Dutch's colonialism era. It said is combination between bread and cake, by using many egg yolks make its texture spongy like a cake but has bread aroma from the yeast.

Honestly I never ate this kind of bread, and as Masak Bareng Yuk have an event to make Bluder, so I joined this event and made a try. I got an incident while made it, i didn't realize that I forgot to put 50 gr all purpose flour as on the recipe. I found the dough too wet. After the dough rest until it double, suddenly I saw all purpose flour on the table.  Lucky me, I didn't pour the milk all it once and I just pour it until I felt it enough to make a dough. So the dough still work well.


I copied the recipe from Sajian Sedap pinterest board
here is the recipe
Ingredients
Starter 
250 gr bread flour
1 1/4tsp yeast
20 gr sugar
175 ml ice water

Dough
200 gr bread flour
50 gr all purpose flour
11/4 tsp yeast
90 gr sugar
6 eggs yolk
160 ml cold milk
1 tsp salt
100 gr butter


Filling
300 gr pumpkin pure
1 tsp corn starch
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
60 gr sugar (more/less)

How to make
1. Mixed together all the starter ingredients. Rest it for 30 minutes

2. Prepare pumpkin paste : mixed all filling ingredients in a pan, with low heat stir pumpkin mix until thick and glossy. cool it down.

3. In a bread maker or mixer pour half of milk and rest of ingredients except butter. Knead the dough, add the remaining milk little by little, continue knead it until it start become elastic. Knead in the butter until dough become smooth and soft. Let it rest for 30 minutes or until  it double.

4. When it double, divide it into 65 gr ball (I thought it still too much, I made it 65 gr and it turned too high)

5 Flatten the dough using a small bowl, do as the picture


6. Put the ready ball in muffin paper cup, let it rise until double

7. Preheat oven at 190C, brush the dough with egg wash, bake it for 15 minutes or until golden brown

My children said that the bread so soft, it was different from the bread I always make. And the bluder even stay soft until 3 days, without reheat or without bread softener.





No comments:

Post a Comment