Gandrung dengan rasa pumpkin, rasanya cake lembut ini perlu dicoba. Tadinya sudah kebayang kalau cakenya sedikit dense tapi nyatanya tak begitu, tetap lembuttt....
I only have steamed pumpkin in the freezer. I remembered about Hesti Kitchen, my favorite blog, she had a suggestion to strain the pumpkin to reduce water from the pumpkin pure. I just took one of her pumpkin recipe. It look so soft like butter cake. I decided just make it a try.
Pumpkin Cake (recipe by Hesti Kitchen)
6 egg yolks
4 white eggs
200 g sugar
1 tsp emulsifier
175 all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
25 g milk powder
300 g mashed steam pumpkin (or bake)
150 g butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven 350F. Butter square cake pan 20 x 20 x 4 cm dust with flour
2. In the mixer bowl, beat egg, sugar, emulsifier until light and fluffy. Low the speed add sifted flour, milk powder, baking powder just until combine.
3. Add mashed pumpkin whisk until combine.
4. Add melted butter, fold with spatula until well incorporated
5. Oven for 35 minutes or until done. test with toot picks, if come out clean, it's done
This cake is perfect, it taste so delicious. Even it can't last a day :). I will remake it again next time :)