This is raw quinoa look alike.
It need special treatment before cooking as it has a coating bitter tasting called saponins, making it unpalatable
This step you need to do to prepare quinoa
1. rinse quinoa, drain and allow to dry before attempting to cook. Moisture is the enemy. You can get delish quinoa regardless but it will be even fluffier if you let it dry fully. Just put it in strainer and let it for about 20 minutes.
You need to be careful while rinse it, use tap water to rinse so it will remove saponin perfectly. You will see if the water is already clear it mean not much saponin left so it will be less bitter
2. Toss the dry quinoa straight in the pot without water and allow to toast on medium heat just for a few minute, you need to stir to prevent burning.
3. Add water with ratio 1.5 water per 1 cup quinoa
4. bring it to boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for approx. 12 minutes
5. Remove the lid, fluff with fork and dig straight in. If it still liquid yet let it simmer for another minutes
Quinoa is ready to cook :)
Quinoa fried rice
1/3 cup quinoa
red onion thinly slice
garlic thinly slice
chili thinly slice
carrot cut in cube
chicken breast (cooked) cut in cube
1. Saute chicken, carrot, meatball, green peas set aside. Add egg scramble it, set aside
2. Put garlic, onion and chili, saute it until fragrance, ad salt and soy sauce, mixed all ingredient well
3. For the last add quinoa, mixed it and stir for a few minutes