Thursday, May 8, 2014

Purple Sweet Potato

Do you like purple sweet potato? That's is one of my favorite sweet potato beside japanese sweet potato. But sadly my kids doesn't like it at all. I didn't give up easily, I tried to put sweet potato in my baking ingredients. Now time for purple sweet potato cake.



I used same recipe on pumpkin cake. I still don't know the right method to mashed the sweet potato to
make the perfect purple color on the cake. It still just like a dot all around the cake and the color only slightly purple


Ingredients
6 eggs yolk
4 eggs white
200 gr sugar
1 tsp emulsifier (optional)
175 gr all purpose flour
25 gr powder milk
1/2 tsp baking powder (optional)
300 gr mashed steam purple sweet potato
150 gr melted butter

Method
1. Preheat oven 350F. Butter square cake pan 20 x 20 x 4 cm dust with flour
2. In the mixer bowl, beat egg, sugar, emulsifier until light and fluffy. Low the speed add sifted flour, milk powder, baking powder just until combine.
3. Add mashed sweet potato whisk until combine.
4. Add melted butter, fold with spatula until well incorporated
5. Oven for 35 minutes or until done. test with toot picks, if come out clean, it's done 


Even I didn't satisfied with the result yet, but it taste good. At least my kids didn't refuse it, so my mission accomplished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment